1. What information do we collect?
Sustainable Aviation is primarily a business to business, collaborative body which shares information and data between our members. Additional information may be collected through Sustainable Aviation’s interactions with our stakeholders or individuals, be that through meetings and events or use of the Sustainable Aviation website.
Specifically, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your visits to and use of the Sustainable Aviation website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and details of page views;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of becoming a member and/or attending our meetings and events;
- we may keep a record of your correspondence if you contact us;
- information that you provide to us as a customer or a supplier, not necessarily limited to your name, address, job title, email address, telephone number, bank details;
- any other information that you choose to send us.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website to improve the website’s usability. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This may however affect the functionality of some websites.
3. Using your personal data
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. We may use your personal information to:
- telephone you to discuss our activity and work programmes;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you by email our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you where you have specifically agreed to this (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you;
- to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied;
- to check our records are right and;
- administer the website and record usage patterns of the website.
4. Retention of data
We will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies. You may opt-out at any time from receiving communications from us in accordance with section 8 below, Your Rights.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
We do not transfer the personal data we collect about you outside of the European Economic Area.
6. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information we hold on our secure (password and firewall protected) system and take reasonable precautions to protect any data stored as hard copy files.
We limit access to personal information about you to staff who we believe reasonably need to use that information to provide services to you or to do their jobs.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7. Policy amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you at any time to check its accuracy. This request must be made in writing to email@example.com. We will comply with your request within one month and will ask for verification of your identity prior to processing the request.
You may instruct us at any time to update or amend the data we hold about you. This request must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email, post or telephone at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. We will retain some of your personal data in a suppression file to know not to contact you again in the future.
9. Third Party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites. Please check these policies and practices before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Sustainable Aviation Overview
Sustainable Aviation is a collaborative, not-for-profit organisation to support the sustainable development of UK aviation.
At Sustainable Aviation, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of all those who we interact with. The privacy and security of your personal information is extremely important to us. In particular, we want you to know that Sustainable Aviation is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information and how to contact us should you wish to find out what information we hold on you or to tell us you no longer wish to receive communications from us.